nav

header





01 June 2009

Notes on Early Summer

Well, my friends.. it's June!

The sixth month of the year - in which Summer officially begins, fireflies begin to appear, and the smells of summer seep from the ground, the trees, the sun, and the clouds and make their way into your Soul. What happiness there is in this month!

On a personal note, this month will take me to a different part of the country, where I will spend two months working on new projects, meeting new people, and perhaps gaining a new perspective on life.

My blog will be updated as usual; I trust that this experience will fill me with more creative, refreshed, interesting thoughts and ideas. I can't wait to share them with you!

It being a new month, I have picked a new 'Word of the Month' (seen on the right side of this blog). We move from the noun 'ACTION' to another bold word, 'COURAGEOUS'. Hopefully this will bring strength to your heart and move you to push the limits, spread your wings, and soar to places where no one has ever gone before.

I urge you to spend this first day of June celebrating the cool creeks, the sunlight, the greenery, the lemonade or iced tea on the porch, and the birds. Drink it all up, savour it, and let it renew your energy and simplify your thoughts.

Photo taken by A.N., April 09, Central Park, NYC

Spend some time up among the swaying branches and fluttering leaves, gaining a new view on the world. Let the sun warm your skin. Let your toes feel the grass, the earth. Watch the summer constellations rotate next to the Milky Way.

Spread your arms, sing, dance, and celebrate!

Calvin once said, "If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life." And that's what summer's all about, right? Green knees and tousled hair and dirty toes, a sun-kissed nose and a huge smile?

Oh, what a summer it's going to be!
With love,

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hi again Ingrid, your recent posts inspired a response.

I am telling myself a story that you are waiting for something - an insight, a truth, a sense of direction. That the 'right' path will take you someplace where it will all make sense...

Other than the here and now, what else is there? I am not suggesting that people should live for the moment, but rather, that we should live more in the moment.

I hope that your upcoming move serves you well - just remember, whereever you go, there you are...

Enjoy!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...