nav

header





25 July 2009

Saturday Challenge, the Twelfth

Well, whadya know.. It's Saturday again!

The weeks are flying by, and I just realised today how little I have appreciated this summer so far. Even with my early posts shouting cheers of happiness for the coming warmth and sunshine, I have somehow become so caught up with the tasks of everyday life that I seem to have forgotten to enjoy where I am, right now. The summer is already half over! The year is already half over! What have you accomplished so far?

Today, I made lunch - tofu stir-fry over rice. It ended up being way too salty, but I was happy to fill my belly with good food again. I have been indulging far too much in sweet, boxed, or take-out foods, and I can feel my body becoming unhappy with my choices. I am going to make an effort to be more conscious of the things I feed myself.

(For a really interesting dialogue on food and our relationship to it, check this episode of NPR's Science Friday out.)

Another thing I'm going to try to put into practise is saying what I think clearly and plainly - no sugarcoating, no beating-around-the-bush, no hoping that others will guess. I am going to state my opinions without apology and ask for what I need. This week, I challenge you to do the same.

(Of course, I don't intend to be rude or offensive with these new 'rules' of mine. I am merely validating my own thoughts and feelings and ideas, respecting myself and my own mind. I certainly deserve that.)

Have a lovely weekend, dear ones.
Sing, dance, play, and enjoy this lovely sunny weather!

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...