nav

header





24 July 2009

Who Are You?


Yesterday I listened to a podcast on Buddhism by Gil Fronsdal. In this episode, the Self is the subject - what it is, why it is important, and how to find out exactly what our Self is. I have been thinking about this quite a lot recently.

Naturally, I ask questions: Who am I? What am I meant to bring to my life, and others' lives? What am I holding back, and why?

I look at others' blogs and I wonder if I am truly expressing myself, or if I am trying to reflect the things (photos, interesting subjects, sweetness or boldness or wildness) that I like in those blogs. Am I being true to myself, or am I depending hugely on others to form my own concept of myself?

Positivity, positivity, positivity - that's what I continue to remind myself. That no matter how hard I try, I can't be someone else; that I don't need to be someone else. I am perfect, and interesting, and beautiful in my very own way - and that it does not matter what others think. And I just have to keep my chin up, keep pushing on and looking up, and leave negative thinking behind. I need to trust that everything is how is should be, and that I am in the right place.


One thing that I really love about my camera is that I am able to show others how I view the world - every photo I take is a part of me, and part of the expression of myself! It is the same with creating anything: it is bringing your own voice and perspective to the world, and it is completely unique and absolutely your own, and no one can ever take that from you!

What do these photos say about me?
What does your art say about you?

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...