nav

header





07 November 2009

A Last Christmas Wish

One of my favourite quotes is "Practise random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty". The act of reaching out to others and making a difference, however small, in a stranger's life is absolutely indescribable and fills me with warm fuzzies every time! You can read this post if you'd like to know more about what I think of strangers' kindnesses and of returning the favour - always passing it forward.

While looking through swaps on www.swap-bot.com tonight, I stumbled across someone who is sharing this message: "I have a friend called Noah. He's 5 and he is in the final stage of cancer. He will die before Christmas so his family is celebrating at Thanksgiving. He wants cards for his gift."

This really touched me. I think it's so terribly sad that any child face something so scary and so big. (Please note that this is not a forward or chain mail letter - I never pass those on. This is a real boy with a real wish.) I want to help and do what little I can; and I thought that perhaps I could reach out to my readers and ask for your help, too. Let's give a little boy his last Christmas wish, shall we? The address given is:


Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

I'm not sure of the "someone's" name who is organising this, but her blog is here. Please visit and let her know if you do send a card! (And, of course, please let me know, too!) I encourage you to tell this to anyone who you think may be interested. Thank you for your kindness!

[EDIT 9 November] Here are a few more links for you ~ a news video, a report on Snopes, and the Facebook event page.

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...