nav

header





19 November 2009

Odds and Ends

Taken on a rainy day in October.

Today is a drizzly, soft, cozy sort of day; the kind that makes one want to curl up under a blanket and drink steaming tea from a favourite mug. Though it is still Autumn, I can feel something in the air that hints of the Winter soon to come.

The next month or two will be full of excitement and adventure. First, at the end of next week, I am going to be joining my family for Thanksgiving in the beautiful wild hills of West Virginia. My uncle owns a cabin there, nestled in a magical place surrounded by nature. I have been there once before during the summer - what a sanctuary it is!

Then, in two weeks' time, I will be flying across the ocean to visit my dear boyfriend. I can't wait! And, of course, soon after I return, Christmas will be here in all its glory. It's incredible how swiftly the time flies by - have you started thinking of what you hope the New Year will hold for you?

(Oh, dear, I suppose that means I have quite a bit of work to do to catch up on my Daily Art Cards. I've been slacking again. Shame on me!)

I have been working on another project and am looking forward to sharing the finished piece with you. It was close to being done in the wee hours of this morning, but perfectionism has its price - I didn't like how it turned out and I feel compelled to start again.

And that, my lovelies, is all for today! I wish you a wonderful Friday filled with all the best kinds of things. If you have the time, head over to the BlissChick and wish her a very happy birthday tomorrow!

With love,

1 comment:

Brandi said...

A log cabin sounds just lovely! I hope you have an amazing time on your upcoming trips.
And I can't wait to see what this project is!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...