nav

header





30 November 2009

Work and Play


I came home on Saturday after a lovely holiday with my family. The wild hills were beautiful and I could hear the wind blustering from a valley away without the usually-present rumble of traffic. Such closeness with nature is rare, and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to be there and to listen without distraction!

Now, I'm curious: does it ever happen to you that you are so full of creative ideas that you don't know where to begin? I am in that place right now. I want to paint on canvas, crochet a hat, embroider a pair of jeans, write a letter to my friend in Canada, fold cranes and work on the 5000 question survey for my Mission 101 project, work in my art journal, paint with my new watercolours, bind more books, fill my Etsy shop, take photos, catch up on Daily Art Cards, make Christmas presents, and write the hundreds of blog posts that I've been thinking about.

Of course, then there are all the things I need to do, like laundry and cleaning and packing for my upcoming trip. These are the things I'm not looking forward to doing when there is so much fun to be had and so many things to be made!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love that feeling of being bursting with creativity. I haven't felt like that for some time though. I think it might have to do with all the schoolwork I have to do. I can't wait to find it again.

P.S. Your new flickr photographs are just gorgeous. I definitely need to get out more and take my camera with me.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...