nav

header





Simple Things

Last night I was reading through some of my earliest posts. Simple and sweet and filled with positivity, they exude just the kind of happy, hopeful, peaceful atmosphere I had hoped to create in this space. Recently I have felt uncomfortable here, somehow; I feel that a few of my posts are forced, and I am unhappy when I post words which don't feel quite right. Have you noticed, or is this something only I can see?

My friend Kendra wrote a
blog post a few days ago to which I strongly relate. I feel that my writing has become obligatory and trivial, and that this space has changed from what it was meant to be. I so long for this blog to be filled with light and love, a place for all of us to gather and celebrate and share and create!

Yesterday I wrote about change, and today I want to act on my words and try a few new things here that perhaps will have positive effect on myself and My Peacetree. Firstly, I will no longer be writing Saturday Challenges. To be honest, I am a last-minute sort of gal and have been a bit stressed to come up with something worthy each week! I hope that this will alleviate some of the discomfort I have been experiencing. Not to worry, though; I am considering several new things to take the Challenges' place, and perhaps I will post a Challenge now and then should I think of a really good one.

Secondly, I would like to try a little experiment, and will be turning comments off for a bit. I appreciate every single one of your comments, sweet readers, I really do; but I fear that the love you show me has gone to my head and I feel the need to be in a quiet space for a short while. [EDIT] Comments have been turned on once again!

Thank you to each of you for your support and love and understanding! You are such good, kind, selfless individuals and I so very much appreciate having you beside me for this journey.

2 comments:

Michelle Reuss-Remy said...

I've read your blog for a long time but I don't think I've ever commented (or if so, it was a long time ago) so I'm glad you decided to keep comments open. As a reader, I don't feel anything forced or trivial about your recent posts. I've been inspired by how you've been searching and facing change head-on and all your updates have been like little bursts of reminders for myself to shake things up a bit as well. When you get settled into your new job and routine, I hope you find time for art and then time to post images because I'd love to see that again. As for challenges, I say (especially if you've been away from art for a while), just play, play, play and see what surfaces. There are plenty of challenges to be found on the net; sometimes it's refreshing to see what happens when an artist doesn't start with a specific goal/challenge and instead just sort of free-wheels his/her way through things. Anyway, put you and your needs first; I'm willing to bet you have plenty of readers who will be delighted with whatever you feel like posting!

Ingrid said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I always, always, always appreciate hearing about this blog from a reader's perspective. I will definitely take your feedback into consideration as I navigate this journey!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...