nav

header





31 December 2011

Celebrating Silvester

Hello, dear friends, and happy New Year's Eve!

I am in Germany, spending some time with my Lovely - and tonight, celebrating the arrival of the new year, called 'Silvester' in German - before I begin classes here in a little over a week. My absence on the blog was unplanned; December has been a whirlwind of traveling, friends and family, visits, gifts, errands, and preparations for my study abroad. In addition, the very first weekend after the end of the semester, I left my poor camera in a cab. I called many times, but haven't gotten it back, nor do I expect to. I feel so lost without it, as if part of my artistic voice is missing. I am incredibly grateful that with my Christmas money and some help from my dad I will be getting a used one soon. I am so blessed.

2012 is just a few hours away. I have been reflecting this month on what 2011 has brought me: healing, growth, relief, tears, suffering, inspiration, excitement, understanding, and a realization of both my limitations and my potential. This has been a breakthrough year for me, and I am confident that I am on the right path headed into a beautiful future. I am coming into my own Self, and I am humbled and grateful for all that I have encountered, experienced, and gained.

I have chosen my new word for the year: expand. When I say it aloud or in my mind, I envision the Universe expanding at unbelievable speeds into new corners of undiscovered space, filling the darkness with light and dance and wonder. I hope that for the next year, I will continue to grow spiritually and creatively, and will dream grander than ever. I hope to fill the world with light and magic as best I can.

Have you chosen a word to focus on through the coming months? What are you celebrating or mourning right now? How will you be celebrating the new year? What dreams are you envisioning for yourself? How will you celebrate the evening?

Wishing you the very best for all that is to come.
All my love!

7 comments:

xx.dancing.thru.life.xx said...

I spent new year in Germany last year, it was the most inredible most beautiful time of my entire life and i would give my life to be back there doing it again this year! I hope you have a beautiful new year in my most favourite country in the world!!!!

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Oh, Ingrid, I just love the word "expand" for your new year. Did you see my birthday post? I choose "courage" -- and I can't wait to see how that colors my world this year. Happy New Year to you, my dear. Let's get together when you return from Germany, yes? Until then, may your days be filled with light and magic.

Delhibound said...

Love Expand!

Mine is going to be something relating to LEARN (but that by itself is kind of boring).

Celebrating in a hotel room in Omaha, Nebraska with our kids, nieces/nephews and family surrounding ...

gypsy said...

Happy New Year, Ingrid, many hugs to you as you explore and expand your world, your universe!

Michele Fischer said...

I am sorry to hear abut your camera but I am so happy to hear that you will be getting a new one-and your word seems so fitting! I am still working on mine-lots of light to you as you begin this new adventure!

Romantic Heroine said...

happy new year, ingrid. I hope you have a wonderful time in germany.

I love your idea of choosing a word for the new year, that i decided to do the same. My word for 2012 will be change. more about it soon on my blog!

have an amazing year!

Andria said...

Happy new year, Ingrid! How exciting to have this study abroad experience in Germany...I spent a semester in Spain, and that time has given me so many amazing memories. Good luck getting your camera replaced, and I look forward to hearing about your adventures abroad... stay safe!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...