nav

header





26 March 2013

An Ode to Tea



A few weeks ago I came down with an awful cold that settled in my chest and my head, leaving me coughing violently and endlessly and struggling to sleep. I made a mixed jar of Throat Coat tea and a bag of lavender tea, too (which is perhaps one of the most lovely-smelling things in this world), and added a golden drizzle of honey.

The tea became a beautiful, delicate work of art as it steeped, and surprised me in such a way that I had to capture it immediately. The translucency, the slow development color value, the condensation on the lip of the jar – how I love finding beauty in the smallest corners of my ordinary life.


And really, are the colors and the grace of their subtlety not the liquid version of a Rothko piece?
* The thoughts shared here are my own; this is not a sponsored post.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Honestly I just love mason jars, so there's that fact alone. Glad to see you updated here. Your blog is one of my favorites.

Ingrid said...

thanks, darling! hugs!

Lindsay said...

Do you use mason jars to drink tea? Never saw that before. Lovely pics sweety! :)

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...