nav

header





FRESH


Today, I spent several hours outside with five chickens, two pups, and my art journal. It's always a happy reunion when I dive into painting, collaging, sticker-ing, and creating again; the practice of letting my intuition take over and getting lost in the process is very meditative!

I painted the girl's face several months ago, but the page sat unfinished for a while, waiting for a burst of inspiration. Today, I added several magazine clippings, stickers, a flap made of watercolor-painted paper, library cards, Sharpie, and some writing with a ballpoint pen, as well as some fresh washes of acrylic paint in red, yellow, and metallic gold.

I really love the results: it's fun, vibrant, busy, and full of texture both visual and physical. I did take more photos, including more detail and what the underside of the flap looks like, but they turned out blurry; unfortunately, I think something is wrong with my camera lens, because I've been having this problem for a while.



Remember how I experimented with a tablet a few weeks ago? My brother, whom I consider one of my best friends, very, very generously gave me an Intuos4 Wacom writing tablet for a graduation gift! It's a model up from the one I wrote about a few weeks ago and is a smaller size, which means it's a lot easier to carry around. I'm so excited about all the possibilities this presents for my artwork. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lij (check out his business here)!

Using my new plaything, I've made a visual of the tools I used to make the page above; I hope you can read my handwriting! Click here to see a larger image. Please ignore the vitamins, bubbles (!), and other bits and bobs that have nothing to do with my art that are on the table.

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I love it Ingrid! And you have given me inspiration to try something busy and bold today in my art journal :)
What a wonderful gift- your brother rocks! I have one of the original Wacom Bamboo tablets (about 5 years old) and it still works like a charm :) xx

Romantic Heroine said...

what a wonderful journal page and what a wonderful gift from your brother.
I envy you a little. Enjoy the time when you're creating lots of beautiful art :)

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...