nav

header





30 June 2013

Unseen World: More Macro Photos



Important notice: Google Reader will no longer be available beginning tomorrow, July 1st. To keep up to date on all of the posts and updates on My Peacetree, consider switching over to Bloglovin'. I have used it for years and find it wonderfully organized, easy to navigate, and love that you are taken to see the post in its context: the blog itself. Come follow me here!

Oh, man, this macro thing is fun! Recently I tried my hand at capturing a bumblebee buzzing around some milkweed. Trying to get a clear shot of a moving subject in a very shallow depth of field is incredibly challenging; after scores of shots, I ended up with three really excellent, focused photos; many more almost focused photos, and a whole bunch of totally out of focus photos.



Macro photography allows you to enter into a beautiful, secret world: that of the small, the intricate, the usually overlooked. It amazes me to look at the furry coat this bumblebee is wearing. If I were much smaller, I would love to ride on its back, my hands burrowing into its softness, buzzing from gigantic flower to gigantic flower, overwhelmed with their sweet scent. What a lovely way to live one's life!

Below are some of the outtakes that I still find lovely, if not quite perfect.



If you give this technique a try, please share! I'd love to see what miniature secret gardens you stumble across.

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I am totally with you on riding the bumblebee! My aunty used to study bumblebees for her Zoology Degree and since then I have loved them so much. Gorgeous photos!! I do wish I had a different lens to try. Mine is just too macro haha.

Kelle said...

these are gorgeous! macro is seriously so fun to play with :)

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...