nav

header





08 July 2013

Summer Dreams


Above: another macro shot taken using the reverse lens hack.

Well, my loves, here we are: July is upon us and we are officially halfway through the year. I know I always say that spring is my favorite season (see here and here), but summer is quickly becoming a close second. It's in the lingering light in the evenings; the love-to-hate-it sticky, hot afternoons; the relief of cool swims; rumbles of thunder and sudden downpours; the ever-singing, soaring, squabbling birds; the freckles appearing across my nose and chin; ripe wild raspberries that melt in your mouth; the sweet rhythm of chirping cricket lullabies; and the company of twinkling fireflies – stars dancing on earth, really – that make this season so magical. I'm soaking it all up through my always bare, ever-smudged feet.

I've started making a list of the things I'd like to do before the season ends. It's a bit here and there, but I'd like to make it a habit to be intentional about the little – and big – things I'd like to work towards. Here is what I have thus far:
  • stop taking myself so seriously
  • paint big
  • read 4 books by the end of the month
  • go on a trip by myself
  • write a poem
  • collect freckles
  • practice yoga
  • say what I mean
  • meditate 3 times
  • get a job, save money (more on this soon)
  • research job positions in Europe
  • get a tattoo (?!)
  • complete a third art journal
  • sew another skirt (which reminds me: I still need to post about my first!)
I was first inspired to do this by Hanna when she posted her own summer manifesto last year. What are you hoping to accomplish this summer?

In other news, I took the leap and bought a domain – www.mypeacetree.com – so please update your blog readers and links and whatever else might be affected (update: I'm having problems with RSS; it's probably best if you wait to change your readers until I figure this out). I have been experiencing some bugs and glitches during this transition (including a wonky search bar on the left) and I ask for your patience while I try to get these things sorted. I now have a new email address, too: ingrid(at)mypeacetree(dot)com. Hoorah for new beginnings – and fingers crossed everything smooths itself out soon!

All my love!

2 comments:

Romantic Heroine said...

little by little, I like summer more and more, too. it's mellow summer nights are so nice! I like your list and I can't wait to read your post about your self-sewd skirt :)

Unknown said...

I really should make a similar list. I'm going to get started on it today, probably while I'm at work and thinking of a million places I would rather be on a beautiful day like this.

Oh I really want a new sewing machine so badly. :/

What sort of tattoo (and where on your body) are you contemplating? I love those trendy watercolor tattoos that people are doing these days and they always make me think of you, but unfortunately as pretty as they are I don't think they would hold up well.

Congratulations on the domain name. It will make it so much easier for me to get to you. I was always Blogger? No Blogspot? Nowaitwhat?

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...