nav

header





18 August 2013

Life Lately



Hi, sweet souls!

Last month I was hired by the YMCA to lead before- and after-school programs in two public schools. The school year officially begins this coming week, but in the meantime I've been helping out with seven-, eight-, and nine-year-olds at the Y's summer camp. It's been enormously fun (and tremendously exhausting, thus my absence this past week), and I'm grateful for once again having a regular schedule and something to keep me occupied. Plus, I adore kiddos!

In other art-related news, I've put together a new art journal and have already completed my first page, which I'll be sharing soon. I've also once again signed up for the Sketchbook Project – will you join me? After I received my little book I realized that, while I have overcome my fear of starting a new art journal, knowing that perhaps hundreds (thousands?) of people will see the art for the Sketchbook Project has me very anxious. I'm going to do a post on this soon, as I think this is something that every artist experiences in their lifetime. Let's kick Fear of Criticism in the butt together!

Lastly, if you like these photos, you should follow me on Instagram! I share peeks into my life often, including several videos, (this one is my current favorite). I'd love to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Sketchbook Project looks great! What a cool idea. Thanks for sharing! Your favorite instagram is so beautiful- it evokes the mood of summer turning to fall for me.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...