nav

header





Little Steps for a Big Year

Hello, sweet souls! I hope the new year has been treating you beautifully.

We all, I think, have big hopes at the turning of the year, and while we will accomplish amazing things, more often than not the worries and duties and preoccupations of everyday life take top priority. I know that I will have to work every single day at pushing myself to take the baby steps that will lead me to the fulfillment of big, exciting dreams.

I have an ongoing bucket list, but I wanted to take the time to highlight the things that I want to focus on in the months to come. I had originally wanted to come up with 100 goals, but I didn't want to push myself to come up with things I neither really wanted to do nor would realistically pursue just to meet that number (and I also realized that I haven't even made it to 100 on my bucket list yet).

So let me present to you my list of fairly ordinary, accomplish-able goals for 2014:
  1. Spend a full day at the beach.
  2. Write 60 blog posts. (Hold me to it, folks!) [Current tally: 18/60]
  3. Buy a new camera.
  4. Finish and send in book for the Sketchbook Project. See posts: Part 1 | Part 2
  5. Try getting another journal into Stampington.
  6. Read 40 books. [Current tally: 8/40]
  7. Lose 5 pounds. [Currently: 15/5]
  8. Go to the gym 30 times. [Current tally: 17/30]
  9. Go on a road trip.
  10. Travel to Germany.
  11. Move.
  12. Get married.. or at least wear an engagement ring.
  13. Paint big, on canvas, with oils.
  14. Go ice skating.
  15. Get a credit card.
  16. Go to an aquarium.
  17. Sketch from life.
  18. Get a car.
  19. Go to the beach in winter (again).
  20. Visit NYC.


I'm going to charge into this year – I've already started reading a new book, done a hard workout, sketched some of the kiddos I work with, worked on some of the last pages in my journal for the sketchbook project, and here is just one of many posts to come. Woot!

Why don't you set some small goals for yourself, if only to ensure you make the time to do things you love?

2 comments:

Romantic Heroine said...

uuuh, I like number twelve :) This would be really exciting. Keeping my fingers crossed, that you'll realize most (or all) of them by the end of 2014!

Naomi Hattaway said...

Good stuff!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...