nav

header





Twenty Six


On Sunday, I turned twenty six. I woke up to a beautiful, sun-drenched morning, went for a walk serenaded by birds, and did an it's-my-birthday photo session. This is becoming a yearly tradition. (And, incidentally, I don't care what others think about selfies and the people who take them).

I felt like a warrioress. I am amazed and overwhelmed and so proud of myself at how far I have come emotionally and mentally in the last years. I arrive this new birthday with ever-increasing confidence in my abilities and my worth. And those 'truths' I told myself over and over for years? Now, I actually believe them: I deserve happiness. I do not have to please everybody. It's okay to stop apologizing. I have permission to choose and chase my own dreams. I am whole and good and worthy of love.

Change has been a constant this year, and far more of it will come in the next few months. At times, it is terrifying to think of the uncertainty ahead, but in other moments, I look to the future and know that I am more than ready for and capable of meeting new challenges; I shall do so with grace, flexibility, and perseverance. I will find success and joy on the other side of fear and in the wide world that lies outside my comfort zone. (Erm.. It might be unnecessary, but I want to make clear that there are no babies on the horizon!)

Here's to a new age and a new chapter – to growth – and to adventure!

See past birthdays: Twenty Five // Twenty Four // Twenty Three // Twenty Two

5 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Happy belated birthday you beautiful lady xxx <3 much love from me and Aria. I still hope one day we will let to meet in person =D x

Rhiannon said...

Happy belated birthday you beautiful lady xxx <3 much love from me and Aria. I still hope one day we will let to meet in person =D x

Erica said...

Happy birthday to me sweet friend, Ingrid. If your special day was even half as amazing as you are I know it was filled with love, laughter and light. All my love to you on your birthday and every single day of your inspiring year.

nacherluver said...

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!
You are so wise for your years! I am so very happy to hear you sounding so strong and happy. And the last part? Yup. I totally believe every word. Your confidence and self-love is evident and you're going to continue to grow and get even stronger and be even more amazing!!!!!
You go girl!

Ingrid said...

aw, shucks! thank you! ♥

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...