nav

header





30 June 2014

Little Steps, Big Year // Update



In January, I posted a list of 20 small-ish goals I wanted to complete this year. As today is the last day of June (!) and officially marks the halfway point of 2014 (!!), I wanted to share an update on what progress I've made and thoughts about this approach to making a bucket list more manageable.

What I have completed:
  1. Spend a full day at the beach.
  2. Finish and send in book for the Sketchbook Project. (Part 1 / Part 2)
  3. Lose 5 pounds. (I lost 15!)
  4. Go on a road trip.
  5. Move.
  6. Get a credit card.
  7. Sketch from life.
  8. Get a car. (It promptly died a few weeks later, but I had a car nonetheless.)
What is in progress:
  1. Write 60 blog posts. (Currently: 17/60)
  2. Read 40 books. (Currently: 5/40)
  3. Go to the gym – or exercise – 30 times. (Currently: 16/30)
And what I have yet to do:
  1. Buy a new camera.
  2. Try getting another art journal into Stampington.
  3. Travel to Germany.
  4. Get married, or at least wear an engagement ring.
  5. Paint big, on canvas, with oils.
  6. Go ice skating.
  7. Go to an aquarium.
  8. Go to the beach in winter (again).
  9. Visit to NYC.
Looks like I'm right on target! Having a few specific things to focus on this year has been wonderful. As you may know, it's been The Year of Change (see here, here, here); goals to cross off, even including such inevitable things as moving, helps to give it a little more stability.

My mantra through it all has been CHARGE – it is a battle cry, a reminder to push forward no matter what and to find that which electrifies me in the best possible way. It is strength and power and persistence and determination. It doesn't escape me that it's only one letter different than "change", either! You can follow allow along with the hashtag #charge2014 on both Instagram (you will have to do this in the app; I can't link the tag from the website) and Twitter.

Tell me: have you made goals for this year? How are you doing? What do you need to give yourself to get 'r done?

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...