nav

header





The Wanderer at Home


Oh, my loves. What a summer it has been.

For the past ten weeks I have been moving between various friends' and family's spare rooms in cities and suburbs, depending on their kindness and love and generosity and support (for which I am deeply indebted and endlessly grateful). I've applied to scores of jobs, reached the final round of interviews for a dream job, and been ignored by many other organizations. I have given it my all – I have charged and cried and fallen and stood up and persevered. I've made some difficult decisions, and I have also felt like I had no choices to make.

And finally – finally! – an opportunity arose, and I whole-heartedly made a leap.

Just a week ago, I accepted a position as a live-in nanny with a wonderful, gracious family in Maryland. This position gives me the freedom to pursue other dreams of all sorts, to have a place of my own, and to work with two (soon-to-be-three) amazing kiddos.

I am so very, very lucky.
And while circumstances lead me away from Philadelphia, I am very, very happy.

And, my darlings, this welcome stability allows me to return to regular blogging, painting, creating, sewing, writing, and to fully enjoying life. I'm so glad to be back.

All my love,

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...