nav

header





Hey Gals! Art Journal Spread




This art journal spread is from a few weeks ago. I used several vintage pieces that I got from my grandmother when I visited her in July; the photos and newspaper clippings are things that were my grandfather's in his high school and college days!

I used these, acrylics, water-soluble crayons, chalk pastel, and ballpoint and Sharpie pens. Just a handful of materials can create such a wide variety of outcomes; it so much fun to see how different each page I create is.





I love that symbols, thoughts, and impressions pop into my head as I create, even as I clear my mind and fall into instinctive movement and creation. The bear cub, "que sera, sera", cactus-like plant, and star themes were not planned, but made their way into the pages nonetheless!




What do you think of this spread? Do surprising things show up in your art, too?

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...