nav

header





30 September 2014

Rediscovering Blogging: Linking the Past and the Future



Part of the process of aligning your Self with your blog is looking at the journey your blog has taken. Taking a close look at where you have been – examining your favorite posts, most productive stretches of time, and most popular subjects –  correlates directly to where your blog is now, and can help you solidify your vision of where you want it to go.

I want to share with you some of the important indicators I've found while looking at patterns from the past five years of blogging.


WHERE I WAS (2009-2010):
  • Reader: Quiet, fragile, tender, vulnerable. Seeking safe place to be accepted.
  • Content: Art journaling journey (discovery, process, technique). Love letters. Observations of the seasons, nature, and world. - Examples: one, two, three
  • Frequency: 3x/week
  • Keywords: Art. Gentleness. Self-discovery. 

WHERE I AM (2011-present)
  • Reader: Die-hard! ;)
  • Content: Life updates. Art journaling (finished pages). - Examples: one, two
  • Frequency: 1-2x /month (see graph below).
  • Keywords: Inconsistency. Unfocused. Disjointed.

WHERE I WANT TO BE:
  • Reader: Resilient, courageous & compassionate woman in search of ___.*
  • Content: TBD*
  • Frequency: 2x/week.
  • Keywords: TBD* 

* These answers are developing as I travel this road of rediscovery.


The above graph shows how my pattern of posting has decreased over the past five years. This is not something new to me, but seeing it visually is quite illuminating. 2010 was my most productive, artfully successful year – and it's very obvious in the huge spike in posts. This was when my interests and blog focus aligned, making it easy to compose and publish posts that were interesting and pride-worthy.

My goal is to once again find that beautiful balance, one that inspires me to share often, my writing heart-felt and my focus bigger than my Self. Looking at blog stats is part of that; rediscovering who I am and what drives me is another. I'll be writing about that soon!

How do you make sure your blog and your Self align? Tell me here!


linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...